Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Sketchers.



A little lunch time sketch that I threw together really quick. Tetsuo from Akira. I'm a huge fan of Akira the film, but I love the comic. I remember picking up the Epic comics version of this masterpiece back in 89. I have multiple copies of the entire run. My favorite is the latest that Dark Horse comics put out a couple of years back. I can't stress how big of a fan I am of this title. As far as I'm concerned, it's as close to perfect as a comic gets. Hopefully down the road, I'll do a series of proper drawings. Until then, here's to number 41.

2 comments:

mick statham said...

Loved those Epic Akira issues. That was my first exposure to Manga. A real eye opener.

def_sanchez said...

this is a cool sketch man. Really seem to have got the charecter down. I liked at the rest of your blog and you have some really great stuff.